|COVID-19 Safety Protocols First draft: June 14, 2020 Last updated: November 3, 2020|
This document outlines updated protocols and guidelines for training at the CSKA honbu dojo. Please review the frequently asked questions and risk assessment and screening questionnaire in Appendix “A” prior to arriving to the dojo. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to any of our instructors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What changes can I expect upon entering the dojo?
- New protocols for entry to the dojo will include hand sanitization and temperature checks at the door. Please complete the pre-screening questionnaire, outlined in Appendix “A” each time you are planning on coming to the dojo. We do not require a physical copy, rather a personal check prior to arrival.
- Masks will be required in all areas of the dojo. Upon commencement of training the mask can be removed. If at any time you need to leave the dojo floor, and at the end of class, then you must don your mask.
- We encourage all members to arrive already changed in their Gi. Change rooms will be available for storing jackets and personal items during class times. Masks are required when using the change rooms.
- We have implemented distancing markers on the dojo floor with 2 meter distancing and ask that all members adhere to this especially during training when masks will not be worn.
- There will be no contact sparring or contact drills (for the time being) between members. Exceptions to this rule will be based on cohorts, family units, and on a case-by –case basis.
- You will be required to register prior to attending class so we can effectively manage occupancy count. Please notify us of your registration through Facebook Messenger.
- The floor will be sanitized at the end of the every training day.
- Classes will be staggered by 15min to allow for appropriate entry and exit times between classes and to limit the amount of people in the reception area. We ask that those arriving for the next class stay in their vehicles until the previous class has fully vacated.
- Can parents remain to attend and watch classes?
- Parents of minors will be required to remain within the dojo for the duration of the class.
- With the exception of the parent, please refrain from bringing other family members to the dojo so we can adhere to the provincially mandated occupancy limits.
- For Little Tigers’ classes, parents will be asked to participate with their children in support of a contactless environment with other children (for the time being).
- Will the online Zoom class option still be available?
- At this time there are no zoom classes available, only in-person classes.
- Other recommendations:
- We ask that you wash your Gi after every class or once per week (minimum).
- Please wash your hands as soon as practicable after every class for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- For contact / target drills, we can provide a hand pad, which we will sanitize at the beginning or end of every class.
- We are open to your feedback and suggestions as we modify our training practices to ensure a safe and fun environment for your children.
Appendix A: Risk Assessment and Pre-Screening Questions
Source: Alberta Health Services, 2020
|1||Do you have any of the following symptoms which are new or worsened if associated with allergies, chronic or pre-existing conditions: fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, sore throat, and/or runny nose?||Yes||No|
|2||Have you returned to Canada from outside the country (including USA) in the past 14 days?||Yes||No|
|In the past 14 days, at work or elsewhere, while not wearing appropriate personal protective equipment:|
|3||Did you have close contact* with a person who has a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19?||Yes||No|
|4||Did you have close contact with a person who had an acute respiratory illness that started within 14 days of their close contact* to someone with a probable or confirmed case of COVID-19?||Yes||No|
|5||Did you have close contact with a person who had an acute respiratory illness who returned from travel outside of Canada in the 14 days before they became sick?||Yes||No|
|6||Did you have a laboratory exposure to biological material (i.e. primary clinical specimens, virus culture isolates) known to contain COVID-19?||Yes||No|
If you answer “YES” to any of the above, you are not permitted to train at the dojo at this time and you must self-isolate. Complete the Self-Assessment Tool at ahs.ca/covid to determine your need for COVID-19 testing.
If you answer “NO” to all of the above, you can proceed to train or visit our dojo. If you develop any of the above symptoms, please complete a new questionnaire. Note: If you have any other symptoms which are new or a change from your usual symptoms, then you should stay home and minimize contact with others until you are feeling better. Complete the Self-Assessment Tool to determine your need for COVID-19 testing.