When: June 10-12, 2016
Where: 6036 3rd Street SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Schedule: Friday 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm
Saturday 9:30 am to 4:00 pm
Sunday 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
Agenda for Instructor meeting
1. Kata Standardization:
2. Hiean origins and standards sequence followed by different timings and possible Bunkai.
3. Bassai, Kanku, Jion, Enpi, Hangetsu Standard sequence and origins
4. Understanding basic body mechanics and coordinated movement, as it affects Kata practice.
5. Compression in technique. For Kata and Kihon
6. Breathing and use of “Kake Goe”
7. Syllabus amendments: Criteria for successful results, what to look for at different levels.
8. Instinctive reaction skills as opposed to learned techniques.